Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, August 18, 2014

How to straighten your hair without heat:

Hello lovelies. I love the look of straight smooth hair( I am sure a lot of us do!) and how glamorous it can look. I used to straighten my hair using a straightener but over a period of time I could visibly notice the damage it caused. My hair felt so brittle and dry and the day I did not use it my hair felt like a total mess. So I kept using it to make my hair glossy and groomed, but it turn there was more damage! So one day I decided to end this vicious circle and straighten my hair without heat! I am glad I have discovered two simple ways by which my hair look healthy and smooth minus the damage. Although the effect is not as super straight as by using a straightener but I do not mind as long as my hair look healthy and happy:) So here is how I do it:

1. Blow drying with cool air:
This is a very easy yet effective way to straighten your hair. What I like to do is wash my hair with a good quality shampoo and follow it with a conditioner. TIP: If you have extra frizzy and dry hair try leaving the conditioner on for 3 minutes to improve hair moisture and prevent frizzing. There are a lot of shampoos available in the market for straight looking hair. Try using them and see which works best for you. If you have already washed your hair lets say yesterday and you want to straighten them today, you can simply wet them and skip the shampooing part! Okay once your hair are wet just simply towel dry them gently. After this apply anti-fizz serum to your hair which will help straighten out your hair especially if it is prone to naturally curl under cool air. Lastly blow dru your hair on COOL. Try using a flat paddle brush to create long smooth strokes. It will take long but totally worth the effort.


2. Brushing:
Wet your hair and deep condition them. Apply anti-frizz serum. Choose a dry and warm place(preferably outside in the sun). Warm, dry air is conducive to creating a straight-hair style, whereas wet air causes hair to curl. Brush your hair using a flat brush to straighten your hair. Try taking small sections of hair but brush evenly as you do not want the rest of your hair to start drying naturally while you are still working with one section.

 This will give you straight hair without damage and heat.
So I hope you will try these simple steps to achieve glossy straight hair and skip straighteners on some days:)

Love
Shikha

1 comment:

  1. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Head on over to my blog http://eiyoieoatx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/so-i-would-first-like-to-thank-emily-at.html#comment-form for all the details!

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete