Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

NYX Intense Butter Gloss Review and swatches:

Hello my lovelies! Today I will be reviewing NYX Intense Butter Gloss which is the new formulated version of NYX butter gloss. It comes in 12 beautiful shades for Spring 2015. I picked up the shade "Apple crisp" which is a bold, bright, medium red with cool, blue undertones and a creamy, glossy finish.
It had rich, opaque color coverage that applied smoothly and evenly without pulling into lip lines. To me the texture of the NYX intense butter gloss felt absolutely divine.
Compared to the earlier version they are thicker, more pigmented, and they actually lack the beautifully buttery texture of the originals. I was a little disappointed they didn’t have that same light buttery texture of the originals.


Over some time, they tend to develop a bit tackiness and lasts 4 hours on me. It transfers a bit and I would say they are not like very comfortable to wear. I mean they felt a bit heavy and thick glossy on me.:((
I liked the earlier version more because it was light and was comfortable to wear. On that note I will say these are nicely formulated in their own right as well and have a longer wear, more pigmentation, and a texture that’s very, very nice but just NOT as nice as the original formula. Sorry, I just want to stress that they feel so much different compared to the original Butter Gloss texture. One more thing, since these glosses are super pigmented just beware of the potential smearing of the color. 
To sum it all up, I would say if you are looking for buttery gloss which is very pigmented and lasts on for long then you can definitely consider buying these. As for me, I will try some other shade and then review it on my blog soon, so stay tuned!!!
Till then take care.

1 comment:

  1. I just got this a few days ago, I bought like 6 different colors! (I have no self control) but the formula is amazing!
    That color looks great on you!!

    xox Lo
    www.beautybylo.com

    ReplyDelete